Bye bye car

Jul 29, 2020 - 4:12 PM

Viewed 392 times

• three years ago i transitioned from a nasty diesel to a BMW i3 when I realised the impact I was having on the pollution around my kids school. They're going in to secondary this year and will be making their own ways to school and that's all I really used the car for. I'm thinking of getting rid of it and getting another e-bike so it becomes mine and my husbands only transport, or even one for the kids too? I like the idea of owning all electric but i simply dont need a car in the city any more

• delete the car, no one in the city needs it u can go the same speed on a bike

This post was edited Jul 29, 2020 04:38PM
  • also you will get used to riding in the rain and things like this and you can get a basket or rack if your shopping

• I'm all electric. Nissan Leaf and Analog Motion AM1. Getting rid of the car would save some cash but its just too useful to have around. In the city but also seeing friends and family further afield. Keep us posted @carol75 if you do take the plunge.

• Fitted a rack and panniers to my AM1 and now use the car very little. Can get all the shopping I need. Thinking if I had a trailer as well how much more I could get on board!

• My husband backed the indiegogo campaign last year and got his amx recently. We have another e-bike but isn't AM. I'm using this for now but seeing his I think I'm going to get a ladies one. Since he's had his we haven't even used the car, pretty set on ditching it and even been using it in the rain

• @carol75, is not a ladies one, I ordered the AMX Step LE because is more my size :)

• Sorry Adrian that is my ignorance showing, your right it is about size and comfort. Good news however , I ordered the step!! the other e bike isn't as good as the am. Do you have yours yet Id like to see some pictures, I ordered the pearl white

• Nooo, I'm still desperately waiting, but you'll for sure see pictures as soon as I get it :)

• I've got a step because I'm a girl but it's huge, really a bit too big for me :(. Seems odd, surely the step should be sized for women?

• Penelope I'm 5"2 (female) and I have an AMX STEP LE. Maybe just takes some getting used to :) I've had this style of frame for the AM1 too and so I guess I am used to it. Whilst you get comfortable just use it for short journeys and in the park, I'm sure soon enough you'll feel ok! Or you could see if anyone on here will swap it for a mini 😏
    Carol mine is in deep blue, kinda wish I'd have gotten the white now, there is a picture of the white classic on instagram and its so nice

Quick reply