Delivery

Oct 6, 2020 - 10:03 PM

Viewed 873 times

• Backed beginning of May for my birthday after collecting the money from many family members and still no bike as of today... after several fake informations about having my bike shipped, I don’t have any hope anymore the last update will be true this time and I keep avoiding the subject with my family, who constantly ask some pictures and how is the ride ; some others keep telling me I should have chosen French product made in France, not pretending UK products made in China and not able to respect the ETA (although Chinese factories usually delivers on time!).
    And when I see the number of problems encountered by the ones who received their bike already, I am already wondering what will happen to me and my AMX once I will finally start the rides...

• Hi, don’t forget to also consider that many AM backers are happily riding their AMX everyday. I am among them, commuting daily in Paris with mine and it works like a dream.
    It’s useless to anticipate problems that you probably won’t experience.

This post was edited Oct 7, 2020 08:54AM
  • I read you in another post stating you have problems with battery and charger... but each of us has his own way of considering the dream.
    I am not anticipating problems, I was supposed to receive my bike July, then June, then now it is winter and my birthday gift is somewhere between China and UK (can’t really say for the moment...). This is the main issue : not having the bike received!

• I have no problem with battery and charger. The post you are talking about was just relating my own experience, keeping in mind the battery range depends on your weight, the wind, the number of stop/starts, the hills etc
    I did 600 km so far with the bike and I confirm my feedback is excellent. I am not the only one to say it on this forum.
    That said I understand your disappointment on the delivery delay of you birthday gift and hope you will get it soon.
    It's worth the wait. Personally I've been waiting for it 9 months instead of 4 months expected. Covid impacts on the supply chain...

This post was edited Oct 7, 2020 03:50PM
  • Pour rebondir sur les commentaires de Christophe . Moi aussi j'étais impatient de recevoir l'amx .

Le temps est long mais le plaisir a son guidon est super sympa .

Quelques petits réglages pour avoir un vélo parfait , même sous la pluie des derniers jours le vélo se comporte parfaitement .

Certe l'autonomie annoncé de 44km est possible mais uniquement sur du trajet plat , mais le temps de charge réduit permet sur une journée de faire beaucoup de km .

J'hésite même a revendre mon BMW c évolution ( scooter électrique ) pour utiliser exclusivement l'amx ....
    C'est pour dire , pour le prix et le remboursement de île de France mobilité ( 50% de la facture ) ça vaut vraiment le coup d'attendre de le recevoir .

• Fingers crossed then that I will have same pleasure as both of you riding my bike, if it is delivered one day...
    You got 50% refund from Ile de France mobilité ? On my side, maximum refund was 500€ 😭

• That’s because we had an earlier perk (one year ago for me) at a lower price :-)
    I confirm the refund from île des France mobilité is 500 € « only ». Much better than nothing !

This post was edited Oct 7, 2020 08:46PM
  • Christophe92:
    I have no problem with battery and charger. The post you are talking about was just relating my own experience, keeping in mind the battery range depends on your weight, the wind, the number of stop/starts, the hills etc
    I did 600 km so far with the bike and I confirm my feedback is excellent. I am not the only one to say it on this forum.
    That said I understand your disappointment on the delivery delay of you birthday gift and hope you will get it soon.
    It's worth the wait. Personally I've been waiting for it 9 months instead of 4 months expected. Covid impacts on the supply chain...

If I knew it will take so long to get it, and that AM will play with the several postponements, for sure I won’t choose this one. The announced ETA was for a big part of my decision to buy this bike, the fact it is from UK was another one (I didn’t know it was not made in UK) as UK are famous for their good workforce in stain industry (cars etc) and the features and lightweight complète the reasons why I chose this bike over another one. But unfortunately AM were not able to respond positively to the main point when we buy something : delivering it in a timely manner!

• Christophe92:
    That’s because we had an earlier perk (one yer ago for me) at a lower price :-)

Good for you, I paid 1550€

• I'm not sure I follow the issue here. Did you order from AM directly or through a crowdfunded campaign? Lengthy delays when ordering directly from the manufacturer at full price are hard to accept without very good reasons, but if your order at a low offer price from Kickstarter or Indiegogo, the delays are very often part of the compromise you make to get the lower price and to be one of the first to jump on the project. Some project never become a reality, and you end up losing your money. It's a well known risk. I have an Indiegogo project that's now 1.5 years late! In this respect, I felt AM was a better bet than most other e-bike sellers on the crowdfunding sites, because at least AM had a history of successfully bringing the AM1 to market.

• I'm not sure I follow the issue here. Did you order from AM directly or through a crowdfunded campaign? Lengthy delays when ordering directly from the manufacturer at full price are hard to accept without very good reasons, but if your order at a low offer price from Kickstarter or Indiegogo, the delays are very often part of the compromise you make to get the lower price and to be one of the first to jump on the project. Some project never become a reality, and you end up losing your money. It's a well known risk. I have an Indiegogo project that's now 1.5 years late! In this respect, I felt AM was a better bet than most other e-bike sellers on the crowdfunding sites, because at least AM had a history of successfully bringing the AM1 to market.

• You can see status of the project on indiegogo and status was such that AMX was on production stage of the process and shipping was about to start

• Yes Federico indeed I ordered on Indiegogo in October 2019. You’re perfectly right saying the risk was limited considering AM existing track record with AM1. In this perspective it was actually a very good deal, even with the delay.

• More disappointment - Stealth version- incl. light pack+ free shipping.

• Anonymous:
    More disappointment - Stealth version- incl. light pack+ free shipping.

Same price and no backers risk... and don’t need to wait forever for the bike to come

This post was edited Nov 20, 2020 10:22PM
  • Really disappointing. I cannot really understand how it took 3 months to ship the last batch of bike and somehow Stealth is immediately available to ship already. Seems impossible. Looks like they prioritized Stealth over regular AMX because they already got our money. This is not fair. They should at least offer light pack + mudguard as gift for us.

Quick reply