I received an invoice but no dispatch information

Aug 11, 2020 - 6:37 PM

Viewed 1956 times

• Those who have received their bikes without a tracking number: Did you have an eye on your perks status on the backerkit page? I check the status every day and now I’m wondering, if I could surprisingly receive a package in spite of the information on that page!?

• I also received my invoice on August 7, but as of August 19, no tracking information. Also there has been no update email from AM since August 11, which is over a week. I have no idea when to expect the bike.

• This whole waiting process would have been so complicated in normal conditions (summer vacations, leaving home etc) and wait for a bike that could show up at your door anytime without prior notice. More communication regarding these deliveries would definitely help, even if it says you need to wait another month or two, at least you know.

I backed this on 24th Aug 2019, backer #249, got an invoice on 7th Aug 2020 and nothing else happened. I live in the Netherlands, I saw some stories on Instagram where others from NL received their bikes, so I keep hoping mine is also coming soon.🤞

• i dont think that receiving invoices means its on its way. I asked for an invoice because I'm in paris and can claim it back, and they said they will send them all together. I got it last week or before but i backed in June this year so dont expect that it is on the delivery truck yet considering the campaigne has been running since 2019

• Good news.
    I ordered in september 2019. Some weeks ago I received the invoice. Never received any tracking info.... but the bike arrived last week!!!! And it is beautiful.
    Ciao!!

• Cécile Sow:
    Same here. But I received my AMX today, but never receive the tracking number!
    Unfortunately my bike wasn't complete, but that's another story!
    So keep hope
    UPDATE
    I received another parcel with all the necessary 2 days later.

ok, so you can now ride your bike? Hope it will be the same for me (I wrote on your other thread too)

• Anonymous:
    i dont think that receiving invoices means its on its way. I asked for an invoice because I'm in paris and can claim it back, and they said they will send them all together. I got it last week or before but i backed in June this year so dont expect that it is on the delivery truck yet considering the campaigne has been running since 2019

If receiving the invoice doesn't mean that the bike is on its way, then why does the FAQ explicitly say Your invoice will be sent by email when your order is dispatched. What else are we supposed to conclude form this? In particular when no one bothers communicating anything else?
    https://analogmotion.helpdocs.io/article/nrap8zmifl-are-the-bikes-eligible-for-subsidies-available-in-france

• So todays update is a outpouring of self aware buzzwords and a vague more about another 4-5 week delay.

No responses to queries over a month old. More than passed any acceptable delay period for a backing from May.

Simple now - refund.

• Simple now - refund.
    Please share if you have success with that. I asked for a refund but silence so far.

• Anonymous:
    So todays update is a outpouring of self aware buzzwords and a vague more about another 4-5 week delay.
    No responses to queries over a month old. More than passed any acceptable delay period for a backing from May.
    Simple now - refund.

Wondering if I shouldn’t ask for refund too...
    If I knew it will be so late on schedule and that the communication with the customers would have been so weak, for sure I wouldn’t back the project.
    What makes me not requesting a refund is that I am very curious to see the bike´s design and performance in real conditions.

• I ordered my bike in May, Backerkit have charged me (which they say they only do once shipping begins) and I have received an invoice sometime July.. As people have been saying DHL either just turn up with zero notice or on the same day, I'm concerned now that DHL doesn't seem reliable. I've read that backers have had their bikes dumped outside their front door and parts are missing or damaged.

I was a backer in the low 800's and have been checking the schedule every single day. Its a painful process checking each day of every month to then see the month change later & later. It Looks like will be September now. I have been really excited for my first electric bike but realistically this summer in an empty London won't be spent with me riding my bike. If by September & I still don't have my bike, the idea of putting it away for 4/5 months over the winter will have been a real sad waste and is killing me, next spring/summer who knows what might be available for similar price but hard to have any buzz at all in that situation.

I did only order at the beginning of May but at that point they had said they were at final shipping stage, if I knew the actual reality of what that stage really meant and that there was not only 3 bikes left at that discount price im sure I would not have purchased it. As soon as the number of available bikes left dropped 3,2,1 then bosh instant restock another 8 bikes. That was the first time my stomach went, used to it now haha. I honestly believed they only had 3 bikes left to sell but the ticker repeats that every 8 bikes, created a false sense of urgency that I fell for haha and now we have too many orders to process effectively. This is all normal business practise in this day & age and it worked on me as then and still today I really like the look of the bike, the rims, the tires, the frame, colour, really liked it so when I wrongly believed only 3 bikes left I pulled the trigger just to see it restock instantly. Beans on toast for dinner for me for the rest of the month haha

I really like the guys at AM, I really like the look of their bikes too. Slightly concerned about what I've read on reddit & elsewhere about the quality of the seat, the back light (weather issue/water tight) & cheap brakes. I havent checked any of these myself, just what I've read online. I expected a stock seat & stock peddles but not brake levers. I read that someone took his AMX to a bike shop.& the guy recommended he completely changed the whole breaking system, I don't know about that personally but if I do ever get my bike, September might be decent weather but October/November forget about it, cycling in wind & rain for sure.

I'm not too worried about it all, my family & friends think I have been ripped off but I totally understand & totally get why the hold up has been so long. I genuinely feel AM care, they have done so much so well & I'm hoping there is quality on the AMX. I'm just hoping I will get one month out of it before the rains come again but who knows. I've stopped looking Every day. I've stopped getting excited & I'm prepared to be dissapointed as before I saw expect to be delivered from 7/20 and I got excited (as I ordered 5/20) but it turns out later bakers received bikes before me & 'delivery FROM 7/20' means it could be sent in 2021 & not technically be untrue, so to counter it ive stopped looking every day & I peek at my emails secretly hoping its DHL doing their same-day delivery. Alas, not as yet but soon I hope, I'm sure!!

I don't want to email AM as they have asked for emergency only contact but I will wait one week into September as genuinely concerned about DHL & what I've heard, 2 hour delivery notice, broken brake disks etc

I have faith in AM. I want to show the world I wasn't ripped off, they didn't run away with my money and I've got a quality bike made well from quality parts. Time will tell.

I'm hoping on for as much as that as possible.

I wish Nev & the team could see how much achievement they have already made. I have read some very happy people with their bikes & it gets me hopeful & excited again. I think they are a great brand, still young, still learning but 2020 aside have real potential to make London proud. I'm still excited, just a little concerned my bike has gone missing but thats just down to not receiving any email updates, I must have checked EVERY day in July & EVERY day in August. I cant put myself through it again during September but after that, October, I think I'd rather wait and buy something newer in March/April 2021.

Let's hope I get some of the last September sun & ill convince myself it was a bad year & couldn't be helped. I was a bit nieve in May when I saw AM were at shipping stage as I thought that meant bikes were being shipped but this year is a crazy one & no way did anyone expect COVID but I really don't mean to moan, I love the brand, love the team, love how hard they are working & how much they seem to care. COVID is who I blame, certainly not AM. I see it as whoever I ordered my bike from would have same issues so its really nothing personal.

Hopefully mine comes soon, undamaged & its easier to.assemble than I've read & I get at least 2 weeks of final September Sun before its put away for 5 months in storage. Hopefully they won't need anymore kickstarter funding - backerkit took money but haven't shipped weeks & weeks ago- nothing to do with AM and hopefully I can continue to support the brand.

I'm going to stop reading & checking every day as over 90 days of expectenat disappointment on a daily basis really is not good for my mental health! Hopefully it will just turn up, im not far from their offices in East London & mad seeing international backers after me receive their bikes before me but I am happy for them.

Keep.going AM, you have achieved so much even though the tide was against you. I'm still eagerly waiting, yes, however I still fully support you and will do up to September purely as this was purchased as a summer ride, fair wack of money, turned out to not be a very good deal but that's the risk I took. Hopefully the bike is mustard when it arrives! And I hope before October otherwise there will be no point in me storing it for 4/5 months as I was told to expect my bike in July, then August and now September. October I will have to reassess my order if still not received but thats personally preference & a british winter.
    Keep going AM! Good luck to other backers & good luck to AM, if I can get mine by September ill keep the faith! Maybe this rain & cold will go away & I might get one or two bike rides in the sun, who knows, I'm a positive person & keeping positive. Keep going well done & i will pop in to see you, if its September & not October of course.
    Go well, Kindest regards, James Allan ✌🏻

• Livraison en approche , enfin le dénouement est proche ...#60 Backer .👍👍👍

Capture d'écrans_20200902-132754.png

• Good news ! You might be able to participate to our Paris AM ride out : https://analogmotion.com/community/forums/forums/5090-ride-outs-events/topics/18477-paris-meetup

• anyone asked for refund and got it ? what's the process ?

• Anonymous:
    anyone asked for refund and got it ? what's the process ?

They refuse

• Anonymous:
    If receiving the invoice doesn't mean that the bike is on its way, then why does the FAQ explicitly say Your invoice will be sent by email when your order is dispatched. What else are we supposed to conclude form this? In particular when no one bothers communicating anything else?
    https://analogmotion.helpdocs.io/article/nrap8zmifl-are-the-bikes-eligible-for-subsidies-available-in-france

I have received the invoice also, but the bike has not been shipped. AM don't care. The product is garbage and so is the customer service.

• Ace:
    They refuse

It is not a crowdfunding scam but it is clearly far from a good deal unfortunately... the money is already out for months and nothing coming. And unable to take their responsibility apparently. I’d better rent Paris mobility electric bike this summer and wait next spring to buy a bike with a real deal in a real shop!

• Ace:
    They refuse

This is unacceptable.

I sent the message below to the customer service yet they've never answered me. I invested for the product that should have arrived here already in this spring. They should take responsibility for the delay, nevertheless it was unexpected. My contribution was only meant for the conditions they swore in the pledge, but not for this disappointment. I'm already sick of listening to their empty excuses each time I receive email from them.

I must consider this whole drama is nothing but a mere scam unless they agree to refund.

Dear Jack,

Thank you for your reply.
    As a backer, I fully understand the situation you are facing and that is why I could have been patient even though I heard almost no new update from you.
    I still would like to have faith in you and wait until the time you are able to dispatch the bike, however, this stagnation is now way too much on the other hand.
    I made a contribution just because I trusted you and believed that my bike will be delivered in this spring already, but our promise still hasn’t been fulfilled at all even though it is now already autumn.
    It honestly was a brave decision of mine to have invested you a relatively big amount of money without seeing you face-to-face.
    Could you kindly consider to completely refund my contribution and cancel it unless the bike will be on its way within a week?

I am very sorry to send you this kind of unpleasant message but I am now urged to do so - this is the matter of faith and trust.

Best regards,

KH

Dear KH

I wanted to reach out to you and provide some clarity on your AMX.
    You’ve been extra-patient with us, we want you to know that we recognise that and appreciate you.
    Whilst we’ve been working hard to get your AMX to you, we’re still waiting for the airmail costs to normalise. We’re in close contact with our supply chain to get the bikes to you as soon as possible.
    Of course, I understand that this is not the news you want to receive. Know that we are doing everything we can to get you your AMX as soon as possible. The AMX is worth the wait.
    I'll keep you up to date with any changes and will alert you once the AMX is on it's way.
    Whilst it’s still very much all hands on deck, the team and I want to feel connected to our backers, so stay in touch with us on our socials.
    All the best,
    Jack & the AM Team.

This post was edited Sep 10, 2020 04:24AM
  • Backer #466 here from New Zealand.
    Invoice received 8th Aug 2020, no tracking info yet received (it's now 16th Oct 2020).
    No surprise bike arrived yet either :-)
    Michael.

Quick reply