What locks to secure your AMX

Aug 20, 2020 - 8:37 PM

Viewed 1043 times

• For me it will be the Axa defender and litelok silver U.
    I live in Paris (3 bikes stolen).

And you?

This post was edited Sep 8, 2020 09:42PM
  • I live in a big city so I will need more security than that combination. I'll use an big U lock (Abus Granit 540 or similar), an Abus frame lock (like your defender) on the back wheel, and an axle lock for the front wheel and seat post.

• I use a Kryptonite New York Lock Standard: https://www.kryptonitelock.com/en/products/product-information/current-key/000952.html
    And I live in Paris.

• Cécile Sow:
    For me it will be this Axa defender and litelok silver U.
    And you?

Litelo looks good!

• Does the AXA defender fit?

• R:
    Does the AXA defender fit?

I finally bought the Axa victory. It fit even with the fender but you have to deflat the wheel in order to mount it.

• Hello,
    Seems like my AMX will finally be delivered next week...
    Could you let me know which AXA Defender or which Abus frame lock is compatible with AMX frame and rear wheel/tire please ?
    I am planning to get one of these for quick stops and one Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7 combo (U lock + cable) for better securing the bike during long stop and nights.
    Thank you

• Bought the Axa Victory as per Cécile’s advice.

Now hesitating between the famous and expensive Kryptonite evolution mini 7 and its cheaper version but with very positive reviews on Amazon, from a brand called Via Velo.

• SOW CECILE (@sowcecile):
    I finally bought the Axa victory. It fit even with the fender but you have to deflat the wheel in order to mount it.

Bonsoir,
    J’ai essayé d’installer le Victory et même en mettant le garde-boue au plus bas et en fixant le Victory le plus à droite possible, ça frotte le pneu sur le côté droit, comme si ça n’était pas symétrique (car malgré l’avoir fixé à fond à droite, l’écart avec le pneu côté gauche est bien plus grand que côté droit) et que la roue était voilée (ça ne touche pas le pneu en permanence).

Comment as-tu fait sur le tien ?

Merci

• Hello Cédric, AXA Victory convient sur mon AMX Step

IMG_0326.heic

IMG_0325.heic

This post was edited Jan 21, 2021 10:13PM
  • Hello,
    Finally could bring my AMX to a bike shop to correct the issues I had with the bike and now the Axa defender victory is perfectly fitting