Swapping the moustache bar for a drop bar with road brake levers (like AMX Classic Road)

Aug 11, 2020 - 7:12 PM

Viewed 650 times

• Hi there!

First of all, I want to congratulate the fellows at AM for their amazing job, my AMX Classic LE in blue it's gorgeous and is really well-made!

To the point: when I backed the AMX, the Road model was no longer available; this model had a drop bar handlebar with road-like brake levers, like I was searching for. However, I liked everything about the LE better with the exception of the handlebar, so I backed anyway.
    I would want to get the handlebar and brake levers from the Road on the Classic LE.

Here comes the technical problem: I cannot find road-like brake levers (see attached images) that can add the cut-off connector found in the normal brake levers. A couple of days ago I asked AM if they could provide me the reference to the AMX classic Road' brake levers but they are overwhelmed with queries and have not yet responded :D

So I want to ask if anyone knows if such road brake levers exist and where I can find them. Otherwise, if one needs to adapt standard road brake levers with some universal cut-off solution, I'd also die for some recommendations. Finally, I'm also waiting for any AMX classic road backer to receive his/her bike in case they can provide any serial code, etc.

Thanks in advance everyone and I hope you get your AMX ASAP!

road_brake_levers.jpg

amxclassicroad.png

• However, I liked everything about the LE better with the exception of the handlebar, so I backed anyway.

I can fully relate to that!

This post was edited Aug 13, 2020 07:53PM
  • Hi Ferran ... A bit off topic except that I posted here about fitting flat bars and also inverting the moustache bars. I really like the latter option (especially by shortening them a bit). I have posted some pictures on those other posts. The benefit of either of these is that they use the existing levers. The inverted moustache is a bit old school drop bar like!

• I know its rather late, but I just got my AMX road bike, and the brake levers are Winzip Aero (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32459127868.html). I have just removed them to fit a different handlebar setup!