Clarification needed for water proofing

Dec 7, 2020 - 9:30 PM

Viewed 408 times

• According to the official manual of the controller, it may not be water proof at all.

Here is a quote from the manual:

★Try to avoid using it in bad weather conditions, such as heavy rain, heavy snow,
    sun exposure

Link to the manual: https://files.helpdocs.io/l3tsvrpr48/other/1596808942545/amx-display-manual.pdf

• That manual is not very well written! It is rated as waterproof and dust-proof to IP65. So its fine in the rain (although some early ones had a bit of an issue looking at this forum). I think the manual is just trying to be helpful -- of course if you can avoid it getting soaked you should. It also says elsewhere not to set it on fire!! Always good advice. Presumably don't throw it in a volcano either.

• Not sure about early ones. Mine is from the last shipment that happened in Dec. Around 2 weeks after assembly, my display got broken. I didn't even use the bike that much. :'(

IMG_20201216_190536.jpg

• Your reply sounds very disrespectful. After all of that waiting and the price, I just want to have a normal bike. Who puts their bike on fire. Ridiculous.

• Got the same problem here. One nasty shower on the way home, a few days in the garage, and then the display went like yours. Sent an email to support, hope they have a solution.

IMG_20201228_113648.jpg

• Sorry to hear that. They will probably send a replacement. The shipment is quite slow because of holidays. I'm still waiting for mine.

What I'm afraid is that it will happen again quite soon since they will send the same display.

• There was a shipment wich suffered some sort of damage during transport, so they told me. New one on the way, no problem. Quick reply and solution from support.

• I just got the display. I did not install it yet. I'm hesitating. We have the same winter conditions in Berlin still and I'm afraid that the new screen will be broken again.

Although I'm not sure if I should delay that. If I do and only put it during spring time, it might break next year.

I wonder what is the damage they talk about during shipment. To me it sounds like it is either related to water proofing or low temperatures. All of the reports online about this are related.

• I installed mine almost right away. Put the old one in a bag with a drying sachet. Planning to test next week or so to see what happens.