Fixed - Power Problem

Aug 29, 2020 - 12:34 PM

Viewed 507 times

• The power on my bike only works when pedalling backwards (not forwards). Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know if there's a quick fix or some set-up I haven't done right?

• @brodie I think you have just won the prize for the most unusual/unique problem here. Not a prize you want but lets see what we can find out. There is nothing in what you have done that I can think of will have had this effect. Much more likely is that the crank sensor has been fitted the wrong way around in the factory. But let's see what other thoughts there are. I have expedited a query to support.

• Hi @brodie, welcome to the forum. I'm Nav, one of the founders and I look forward to helping you get up and running.

Like @cjm1066 kindly noted, this is an unusual problem. Really it's the antithesis of what we are trying to do. Going backwards is not the goal! There are lots of events in the world right now that are doing that and frankly, we don't desire that for anyone, especially to one of our friends.

Let me try to understand the issue a little more. Are you saying that the motor only delivers power when you pedal backwards but other than that the bike switches on and the display shows that the bike is on?

Perhaps you could send a video of the issue to support@analogmotion.com and we can dive deeper into the issue. I should mention that there is a quite a large number of messages in there that we are working through the weekend to solve so I apologise in advance if you do not receive an immediate response. Kindly send a link to this forum post too so that we can connect the dots a bit more and get you moving effortless through space as soon as we possibly can.

It's hard to love the space between places when you have to move backwards to get to your destination so while this may be somewhat of a metaphor for life at times, it's not conducive to e-bikes so let's work on this one together and figure it out.

This post was edited Aug 30, 2020 12:02AM
  • Thanks for the replies. To add some detail, there is no power when pedalling forwards normally. But when freewheeling if you pedal backwards the power kicks in and the bike powers forward (it’s the effect of a throttle as there’s no effort required to pedal backwards). The display is on and as far as I can tell it is working normally. I’ve also sent email to support.

• @brodie. Have you resolved this. If not it seems (after a lot of false trails) that it ay simply be the P07 setting. Try toggling it to whatever it is currently not!

• Hi Brodie, did you resolve this? We did correct a similar issue via our support channel recently. Was this you?

• Hi Brodie,
    The bottom bracket was installed backward on one of our customer bikes (maybe it was you), we fixed the issue by installing the BB the right way. Let us know if you requires any assistance.