E01 Error Message on Display, lots of stuff broken

Aug 28, 2020 - 2:09 PM

Viewed 241 times

• Hi all,

Not long got the bike setup and it shows a flashing E01 message on the display.

There odometer doesn’t work, there doesn’t seem to be any difference between 0 and 5 assist (Full blast all the time), and front and rear lights aren’t working either.

I see an explanation for The E01 message in the display’s manual, but don’t understand it. Can anyone help explain it in layman’s terms And explain what i might try to do so that I can try and solve the problem?

Thanks!

C690FF7C-7FF4-4D57-8252-B6AD008196F8.jpg

FEDF7FDA-1AAE-4021-BADA-43296C472116.png

• Seems communication error. On AM1 this occurs when the connector between the controller and the motor is not made properly. On AMX this connector is routed along rear fork - see photo. You will need to remove cable tie and C-Clip to get enough access. Suggested procedure 1. Remove battery and ensure fully charged. 2. Disconnect and reconnect that connector in photo. Be aware it has several clicks on reconnection and has to be pushed very firmly home (this was the problem on my AM1 -- it looked like it was connected but needed another push / click). 3. Whilst you are at it, disconnect and reconnect the display (just to be sure). 4. Replace battery -- make sure it is firmly pushed into holder. 5. Test

E7394CFD-BAE8-474E-AE2A-C028867229F4_1_105_c.jpg

• Second warning sign is lights not working. That suggests the lights are not connected correctly. Try disconnecting lights (both of them) and see if you have the same problem.

• Thanks, that fixed the problem!

• Great stuff!