AMX Mini Capital - Default Display Unit Setting + Battery & Motor assist Issue

Aug 11, 2020 - 9:32 PM

Viewed 678 times

• Hi all,
    I have got a Mini Capital and has gone for a first test ride.
    A few issues came out that are not right and need fixing:

The display unit setting that came with the bike was set to a full size AMX setting:

• 28' wheel instead of 20' in Mini
    • 36V battery instead of 24V battery as labelled on the Mini's battery. I wonder if we can have a full list of Mini default setting so I can change it accordingly ? The display unit manual only covers P01, P02, P03, P04,P08 and P10. What are the other settings that I need to check ?

I am not sure whether it was the wrong voltage setting (36V instead of 24V)as a default, even the batter is full (on the indicator on the battery), the display unit always shows the battery level running low (see video and pictures uploaded). Is there a fix ?
    Maybe also a side issue on the battery, when I charge the battery, the charging light is green when I keep the battery button up (off), and it will be red if I press the button down to the on position. The first charge took about 1.5hr instead of the 6hrs as in the manual.
    Anything wrong with the battery ?

Not sure if directly related to the battery / battery detection problem that the bike always think battery is running low - during the test ride the motor goes on and off even with constant steady pedalling. I can feel randomly I need to pedal harder at certain point and motor kicks in at certain point, even during the same straight road with a rather steady speed.
    Is this right ? Anything I need to check ? or what can I do ?

Thanks in advance everyone.

AMX Mini Battery Issue.mov

Indicator.png

Display Unit.png

• Hi, to add to the list of issues found, I did a 2 miles mostly flat ride with level 1 assist, battery dropped from 100% to 50%. Surely this is not right ?

Can Analog Motion admin / moderator help here ?
    Been posting on the forum but AMX issues don't really get support here ?

• Hi Soki -- Sure this is all to do with the display being set up wrong. Let's try and get the instructions for correcting it posted here.

• Thanks.
    Have you got a chance to post the instruction ?
    There is no more reply from the support email. Has gone completely quiet.

• Hi Soki, so I have an AMX Mini and haven't had any of the issues you describe so I'm assuming all my setting are correct, here is the complete list:
    P00 4 / P01 8 / P02 1 (mph) use 0 for km / P03 24 / P04 10 / P05 1 / P06 1 / P07 1 /
    P08 20.0 / P09 30 / P10 32 / P11 0 / P12 2 / P13 1 / P14 3 / P15 8 / P16 12 / P17 21.0
    P18 1 / P19 1 / P20 1 / P21 0 / P22 0 / P23 0000 / P24 0 / P25 0 / P26 0
    Hope this helps, Anna

• Thank you Anna.
    I will give this a go see if the display issue goes away.

If AM can list out what P-setting is what it would be very useful.

• So P17 is the setting that make a difference.
    The value in the display was 31.0. After changing it to 21.0 the battery meter is now full, although the battery itself display as 80% on its own indicator.

So what is the P17 setting, AM ?

This post was edited Aug 21, 2020 11:09PM
  • Update:
    Still failing. My P17 setting was originally 31.0, which shows low battery even the battery is 100%.
    Test ride today after setting P17 to 21.0. The battery dropped from 100% to 25%(indicator on battery itself) after 4 miles, but the display shows the battery as full....the problem of not showing the correct battery level is exist....but just flipped to the other side !

Also I cannot set P17 back to 31.0 now.
    The only available range is now 20.0 to 24.0

AM moderator is there any help please ?
    I have been waiting 2 weeks for an answer from support email...

• @soki You will see elsewhere that support has had problems! (see https://analogmotion.com/community/forums/forums/5096-analog-motion-official/topics/18812-a-letter-from-me ). So let's try and get this issue nailed. I am badgering to try and get a proper guide to the settings - they got sent one from the factory but the file was corrupt. I think your display needs a complete reset. Probably changing parameters has produced some internal checksum error. Anyway I will keep plugging away.

• CJM1066:
    @soki You will see elsewhere that support has had problems! (see https://analogmotion.com/community/forums/forums/5096-analog-motion-official/topics/18812-a-letter-from-me ). So let's try and get this issue nailed. I am badgering to try and get a proper guide to the settings - they got sent one from the factory but the file was corrupt. I think your display needs a complete reset. Probably changing parameters has produced some internal checksum error. Anyway I will keep plugging away.

Thanks for the help.
    Much appreciated

A full guide for all setting parameters is something every user should know, especially if it actually affect a normal use. By publishing it probably will reduce some pressure on the support email too.

The problem still exist on my bike, both battery display and the actual range /power.
    There is nothing I can do apart from waiting, and just wishing somehow I will have a reply one day. This week is one full month since I received the bike and it can just sit in storage as it is not usable for commute purpose.

• @soki - have at long last managed to get sight of the manual for display. Will get it posted here as soon as possible but it is clear from the manual that most of the settings are not meant to be changed so I don't think adjusting p17 (function unknown) is a good thing to do. According to manual you need to check and adjust onlyP03 - Voltage. For Mini that is 24. P08 - wheel size. I guess go for 20. The other user setting are P02 (Km/h or MPH) and P04 - autosleep time for display and P10 we know about. My guess is that other parameters are read by display from controller or are factory set. So I think the best thing for now is set and confirm that P03 and P08 are correct. Switch off. Remove battery and leave everything for a while. You could actually ride without battery just for few hundred metres to make sure the controller capacitor is fully discharged. Then reconnect and see what exactly happens. I wouldn't worry about the display misreporting the battery condition. As long as it doesn't impact on riding then ignore for now. The AM1 is pretty random sometimes in that regard but it makes no difference. The battery lights are the ultimate arbiter of battery charge. Anyway try all this and report back!

• BTW -- pretty sure P17 is low battery threshold (21 for a 24V system, 31 for 36V). It should be restricted according to what battery voltage is selected, so the behaviour you describe seems correct.

• CJM1066:
    BTW -- pretty sure P17 is low battery threshold (21 for a 24V system, 31 for 36V). It should be restricted according to what battery voltage is selected, so the behaviour you describe seems correct.

Tried. No luck. Same old issue on display and range.
    It is a month now and still nothing from support on the two issues that keep the bike in an unusable state. I might just need to get another bike now need to start commuting...